Thursday, June 23, 2011

Bittersweet


Bonswa!

As the days draw closer to coming home, I am torn about how I feel. Part of me is so excited to come home and see my family and friends. I know the rest of the summer is going to be great for so many reasons. But on the other hand, Haiti has been my home for these past few weeks. I feel like I have been here a lot longer too. Frankly I am sad to leave. I am going to miss all the staff that loves us like family, the children who constantly smile and laugh, the passion of the Haitians, the beautiful mountains surrounding us, and the awesome team I have grown so close too. God has blessed me so much through this trip and taught/challenged me a lot! I am so thankful for all He has done. Haiti is somewhere I definitely want to come back to in the future.

“However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me – the task of testifying to the gospel of God’s grace.”     -Acts 20:24

This verse can definitely be applied to my life, but I also think it can be applied to this trip. I came to Haiti to share Gospel, serve Him in any way I can, and show the love of Christ. I have 3 days to finish this trip strong. Instead of being excited to go home or sad about leaving, I am going to be so intentional about my time.

Today was our last day of manual labor and now we have the rest of the day off. I am going to the village (Chambrun) to spend as much time as I can with the kids. Today starts the goodbyes and the processing that I am going home in 3 days. These next few days is going to be hard. But I know God has done so much work over these past few weeks and He will continue to do so here in Haiti! 

No comments:

Post a Comment