Saturday, May 21, 2011

Days away!

Four days… until I leave!!

I am freaking out (in a good way)! My mind can wrap out around the fact that I will be gone for 5 weeks! This week it has hit me how hard it is going to be for me to leave all my friends and family. I feel like I don’t have enough hours in the day to hang out with everyone before I leave (my love language: quality time). I hate goodbyes. I know it’s not forever but I am going to miss everyone. However, I know God is going to use this time away for His glory! I can’t wait!

Saying goodbye to one of my best friends, Katie!
Today my mom and gammy (my name for my grandma) went shopping for my trip. To socks, to bug spray, to long shorts, I felt very overwhelmed to how I am going to fit everything in my bag (for 5 weeks) and not over the 50 pound limit. My goal is to pack light, but I definitely tend to over pack. This will be a challenge for me. I like to be prepared for everything. But with the help of my mom, who is a great packer (in terms of packing efficiently), I should be able to fit everything. Afterwards, we had lunch at Chick-fil-a (there is no better place). Gammy who has a huge heart for Haiti and has been many times, told me some of the history of Haiti and some interesting facts. It was awesome to hear her heart/passion for Haiti! She has always wanted me to go to Haiti. When I told her I was going to Haiti back in March, she asked if she could come too! :)

Please be praying for preparation over these next 4 days. I have a lot to do, but I don’t want to get wrapped up in the busyness of getting ready that I don’t make time for Jesus. Also be praying for my friends who are going to be all over the world this summer for missions! God is doing awesome things in my friends!!
Michelle: South Africa
Bryan: China
Shelley: Durham, NC and Malaysia
Cary: Chicago Summer Project
Katie: South Africa
Mark: San Diego Summer Project
Jonathan and Cody: Venezuela Summer Project
Katilynn: Ozark Lakes Summer Project
… and many others!

"Your word, LORD, is eternal; it stands firm in the heavens. Your faithfulness continues through all generations; you established the earth, and it endures." -Psalm 119:89-90
Thank you for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. Friend! I am getting so excited for you, praying for you during your last-minute prep. It was so good talking to you last night. Can't wait to hear about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete