Monday, May 16, 2011

And so it begins...

So this is my first blog post ever. I never thought I would have a blog, but as you can see things change.

My intention for this blog is to keep anyone who interested updated on my preparation for my trip to Haiti and during the trip itself. Haiti Summer Project sponsored by Campus Crusade for Christ which starts May 25th and ends June 29th (5 weeks!!). I will be serving in Chambrun, Haiti.  While there, I will be ministering to college students, serving the poor, loving the orphans, and doing manual labor.

For this trip I needed to raise $4,175. I am happy to say as of today I am finished support raising! Praise the Lord! I am over whelmed by how faithful God is! I remember doubting in the very beginning by thinking, “Is this really possible in 2 months?” God has definitely showed me how powerful He is and how nothing is impossible for Him. I am so thankful for all who supported me and my trip!!! I am so blessed!

As of now, I leave next week! That is crazy when I think about it! Today was the first Sunday back at my home church (Fairmount Christian Church) since the end of school year. It was so encouraging when people came up to me and told me they were praying for me, asking me questions about the trip, and welcoming me home! Because of this, today was the first day that it became really real that I am leaving for Haiti NEXT week! So many emotions run through my mind… excited, nervous, anxious, etc. Nevertheless, I am so pumped to see how God challenges me on this trip. Right now I am focused on my preparation. I have so much to do, so little time! I have done the big things, bought my plane ticket, renewed my passport, finished support raising (well not me, but Jesus), and made an appointment for my shots and to get my malaria pills (well my mom did). However I still have a lot of little things to get done before I leave, so I must be diligent (aka not lazy)! On top of that I want to hang out with my friends and family before I leave, which for me takes A LOT of time and I love every minute of it! In all this crazy busyness, I NEED to make time for the Lord. I don’t want to get caught up in the busyness of summer that I forget the most important relationship of my life (Jesus and me). I am pray that I make this a priority and something that I am passionate about doing everyday!

“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to Him, to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul,” says  Deuteronomy 10:12.
 This is definitely my verse for this trip. I am not going to lie, I am really nervous. Going to a place that I have never been to for 5 weeks with no one I know is really intimating to me. However, I know in my heart this is where the Lord wants me to be this summer, and that is all that matters and very exciting!! I will obey and follow Him, even if I am scared. Through all of that, I will be serving His Kingdom and relying on Him to do that. That brings me so much joy, and my fear for the little things is nothing in comparison. Ultimately this trip is not about me; it is about bringing God glory and sharing His love!

Jesus I love you and thank you for this opportunity to go to Haiti and serve for Your glory!  

2 comments:

  1. Patricia, may God bless you and your team in your efforts. When you talk about being afraid, I am inspired by your courage to say yes, right now.
    Yesterday Jennifer shared a verse and when I read your blog post, I thought it fit well. Mark 5:36, "...Do not be afraid;just believe. "
    You are showing all of us that to just believe, it propels us into action. Thank you for leading by example. Love to you, Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia- You are setting an example for me of what faith can do. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to see how God will use you this summer. I am blessed that God selected you to be my daughter! You have taught me many things. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete